With its windswept beaches, bustling downtown and lively heritage as the heart of the Gold Coast, Glen Cove is an inherently romantic city and at this especially romantic time of year, it offers up dozens of opportunities to treat your loved one. Here are our top 5 picks for Valentine’s Day celebrations in and around the city.
5) Enter an oasis of calm at the Glen Cove Salt Cave- This local spa is devoted to halo therapy (salt therapy) which relieves a wide array of common health conditions. Their lovely salt cave treatment rooms will calm even the most hectic minds and from February 12-17, you and that special someone can enjoy special discounts on Salt Sessions and products.
4) Move to a Latin beat at Vivo Osteria- Glen Cove's home for the best in Colombian and Italian cuisine is getting its groove on with the Valentine's Day Fiesta on February 16. The Orquesta Callao Ensemble will be playing the best in Latin music to help you dance the night away, and with food and drink specials, it is the perfect way to spice up your Valentine's Day.
3) Take in the sunset at The View Grill - Dine with a view at The View this Valentine's Day. This Glen Cove hotspot overlooks the water and their special holiday menu is aquatically inspired. From lobster, to monkfish and salmon, you and your Valentine can enjoy fresh local seafood. The restaurant is offering a holiday brunch too, for those who would prefer sunrise to sunset views.
2) Savor a gourmet meal and classical opera at The Metropolitan - Enjoy the timeless elegance of Italian opera and cuisine with Valentine's in Venice. The evening includes a four course dinner, top shelf open bar and a very special performance by Christopher Macchio, a New York tenor who has recently performed at Carnegie Hall.
1) Celebrate the month of love at The Mansion at Glen Cove - This historic hotel, where Gilded Age opulence is wrapped in modern luxury, is going all-out in their Valentine's Day celebration. In addition to Romantic Rendezvous Packages, The Mansion is offering a slate of events for couples and singles to get into the holiday spirit.